注册
查看: 2613|回复: 5

好书介绍:(AAAA对应amazon上的星)。

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-6-22 12:17:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x

Vectors, Tensors and the Basic Equations of Fluid Mechanics (Dover Books on Engineering)
by Rutherford Aris
Paperback: ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.62 x 8.46 x 5.42
Publisher: Dover Pubns; (January 1990)
ISBN: 0486661105
AAAA

Good reference, September 19, 2001
Reviewer: john gragowski  
This book comes from the author who is influenced by Clifford Truesdell(pioneer of Rational Continuum Mechanics & Thermodynamics). This book can be a good introductory material to begin study in rational mechanics. However, not so serious students may find it disappointing. One can surely learn some good tensor manipulation skills with application to fluid mechanics.

An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics
by G. K. Batchelor (Author), G.K. Batchelor
Paperback: 635 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.45 x 8.99 x 6.06
Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 0 edition (February 15, 2000)
ISBN: 0521663962
AAAA
Great "introduction" to those well-versed in the subject, March 15, 2003
Reviewer: Walter Reade (see more about me) from Appleton, WI United States  
If you get through this text, you are on your way to fluid dynamics mastery. It covers much more than most engineering students will need (or care to) know. It is an important text, but should be a complementary study aid. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Computational Fluid Dynamics
by John D., Jr. Anderson
Hardcover: 574 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.05 x 9.57 x 6.66
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math; 6th edition (February 1, 1995)
ISBN: 0070016852 | All Editions
AAAAA(注意)

A must read for anyone with an interest in CFD., July 29, 1998
Reviewer: A reader from Lexington, Kentucky  
Having suffered through several cryptic books on fluid dynamics, I found this one quite refreshing, and student friendly. The author spends a great deal of time developing and giving the reader an appreciation for the complete Navier-Stokes equations. Then he carefully explains the mathematical behavior of various flows, giving the reader an understanding of well posedness for different flow regimes. The section on discretization and solution techniques focuses on the right and wrong way to obtain stable solutions. Finally, the applications provide complete step by step guidance that is very helpful to the novice in this field. In the preface the author speaks of the "joys of CFD", and by the final chapter, the reader can indeed share this view. I wish this book had been around 22 years ago when I was in college - it's suitable for students and professionals.

Computational Fluid Dynamics
by T. J. Chung (Author)
Hardcover: 800 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 2.25 x 10.25 x 7.25
Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1st edition (January 15, 2002)
ISBN: 0521594162
AAAAA(注意)
The Best CFD I Have Ever Read!, September 28, 2002
Reviewer: Alexander D. Castro (see more about me) from San Francisco, CA United States  
This book is incredible! It contains the best explanations for the various methods covered. A must have if you want to learn CFD from first principles.

Computational Methods for Fluid Dynamics
by Joel H. Ferziger, Milovan Peric
Paperback: 400 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.98 x 9.26 x 6.16
Publisher: Springer Verlag; 3rd Revision edition (December 15, 2001)
ISBN: 3540420746 | All Editions
AAAA
One of the best books for CFD code developers, May 23, 2001
Reviewer: A reader from Greece  
This is the best book on CFD I' ve read. It is more useful to those who want to develop their own codes rather than CFD users: It mostly describes in deep detail (although in a concise manner) a single method used by the authors and developed by themselves and their colleagues. It is not intended to be a list of the vast number of CFD techniques developed so far.
Their method is state-of-the-art and they provide plenty of results to support it's quality. It is mostly directed towards incompressible flows. They provide a chapter that extends their method to compressible flows but they do not describe any special convection schemes for flows with shock waves. It can be applied to both structured and arbitrarily unstructured grids, although their approach to the discretization of the convection and diffusion terms is particularly useful in the case of arbitrarily unstrucured grids. State of the art subjects such as multigrid and error-driven grid refinement are also covered and integrated into their method.
I agree with a previous reviewer that they provide a very good coverage of solution methods for linear equation systems which arise in CFD. Most other books on CFD (all the ones that I have read) have a poor coverage of the subject and describe only old and inneficient methods. However even this book does not sufficiently describe conjugate-gradient type methods or Krylov subspace methods in general, but references are provided.
In conclusion, this book is not for beginners but for code developers who have some basic knowlwdge of CFD and a relatively good mathematical background. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

Fluid Mechanics, Second Edition
by Pijush K. Kundu, Ira M. Cohen
Hardcover: 700 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.55 x 10.18 x 7.32
Publisher: Academic Press; 2nd edition (August 17, 2001)
ISBN: 0121782514 | All Editions
AAAAa
Very good textbook !, August 1, 2001
Reviewer: A reader from Florianopolis, SC Brazil  
As a master in mechanical engineer, and working with technical education, I had studied most of the more popular textbooks on fluid mechanics before, and get used not to expect many from "new" textbooks on the subject.
Although, when I came across this book, it was a little surprise. The text is very well written, and includes many advanced and interesting topics not found in other popular textbooks. It gives emphasis to qualitative explanation, and does not overwhelm you with lots of mathematics. The approach to subjects is very clever, insightful and meaningful.
I dare to say it renewed my pleasure in reading, studying and teaching fluid mechanics. Thanks and congratulations to Professor Kundu. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Elementary Fluid Dynamics (Oxford Applied Mathematics and Computing Science Series)
by D. J. Acheson
Paperback: 397 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.01 x 8.53 x 5.48
Publisher: Oxford University Press; (September 1990)
ISBN: 0198596790 | All Editions
AAAAa
Best Fluid Book Ever, June 12, 2001
Reviewer: jormundgard (see more about me) from Gainesville, FL United States  
This is the clearest book on fluid dynamics that I've seen. It's perfect for physics students who need a quick review of the subject. It does an amazing job of relating the math to the reality. Many of the problems make reference to research as recent as the 1980's. This book isn't the last word on anything (for example the information on instability is only the beginning), but it's an amazing place to start. As for the down sides, the math requirements in my opinion are a little steeper than the back cover implies. It pretty much assumes that you know complex variables and the residue theorem, and although it avoids the more difficult PDEs, it might help to know some things about them. And this isn't really a down side, but a lot of interesting information is tied to the problems, which may bother some readers.

Fluid Mechanics (Dover Classics of Science and Mathematics)
by Robert Alan Granger
Paperback: 896 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.80 x 9.16 x 6.14
Publisher: Dover Pubns; (January 1995)
ISBN: 0486683567
AAAAA(注意)
This book is very popular to undergraduate engr. students, February 1, 1998
Reviewer: scari@bellatlantic.net from U.S.  
This book has been used by several universities and adopted as the course text for several years by the US Naval Academy. It is written to strengthen student's background in applied math, and has many clever example problems. The degree of difficulty is slightly greater than most other texts on the subject but it is justified in that the aim is to improve student's math prowess.

Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics
by Bruce R. Munson (Author), Donald F. Young (Author), Theodore H. Okiishi (Author)
Hardcover: 896 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.50 x 10.50 x 8.00
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 3rd edition (May 1999)
ISBN: 047135502X
AAAAa
Highly recommended for Fluid engineering students, July 5, 2002
Reviewer: A reader from Singapore  
This is a highly recommended fluid textbook for students interested in pursuing Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering. The inclusive of the CD-ROM which includes the e-text, videos and step by step solution to some review problems is an addition to what other fluid textbooks recommended by my university don't have.
The explanations of every topic is reader friendly and allows student to grasp the concept easily --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Applied Fluid Mechanics (5th Edition)
by Robert L. Mott
Hardcover: 597 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.11 x 10.35 x 8.23
Publisher: Prentice Hall; 5th edition (November 9, 1999)
ISBN: 0130231207
AAAAA(注意)
Bob Mott knows how to teach., December 27, 1999
Reviewer: A reader from Ohio  
This is a great text for technology based fluid mechanics. To elementary for an engineering student, but then it was meant for an engineering technology student. I find it easy to use. My students love it. There are few, if any, technology based fluid mechanics texts available of this caliber. I only wish it were less expensive. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics (Scientific Computation)
by Harvard Lomax, Thomas H. Pulliam, David W. Zingg
Hardcover: 251 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.75 x 9.50 x 6.50
Publisher: Springer Verlag; (August 2001)
ISBN: 3540416072
AAAAA(注意)
Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics, July 8, 2001
Reviewer: Peter J. Blaser from Toronto, Canada  
Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics is one of several technically useful books on the subject. What sets it apart, however, is its ability to attract and maintain the reader's interest in what could otherwise be a dry topic.
The authors walk the student through a logical development of all aspects of the material. Helpful examples and end-of-chapter exercises solidify student learning in a practical manner. This book is an excellent resource, focusing on the fundamentals of the topic, and has my full recommendation.

[DISABLELBCODE]
发表于 2003-6-26 09:38:14 | 显示全部楼层

确实都是好书!!!
顶!!!!!
但不知道在什么地方可以找到电子板的书呢?买印刷板的时在不切实际!!!!!
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-27 15:28:42 | 显示全部楼层

Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics 到是有朋友贴出来了。
不过可能是99年版的。
我是在amazon上找的,虽然这里大多数是读书人穷学生买不起,
但知道一下那本书比较好也没坏处,万一那一年可以看到了也说不定。
另外有一些大的图书馆可能有,复印下来可不可以呢?
发表于 2006-4-11 13:19:42 | 显示全部楼层

Fluid Mechanics, Second Edition
by Pijush K. Kundu, Ira M. Cohen
Hardcover: 700 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.55 x 10.18 x 7.32
Publisher: Academic Press; 2nd edition (August 17, 2001)
ISBN: 0121782514 | All Editions
AAAAa
Very good textbook !, August 1, 2001
Reviewer: A reader from Florianopolis, SC Brazil  
As a master in mechanical engineer, and working with technical education, I had studied most of the more popular textbooks on fluid mechanics before, and get used not to expect many from "new" textbooks on the subject.
Although, when I came across this book, it was a little surprise. The text is very well written, and includes many advanced and interesting topics not found in other popular textbooks. It gives emphasis to qualitative explanation, and does not overwhelm you with lots of mathematics. The approach to subjects is very clever, insightful and meaningful.
I dare to say it renewed my pleasure in reading, studying and teaching fluid mechanics. Thanks and congratulations to Professor Kundu. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
发表于 2006-4-11 19:22:47 | 显示全部楼层

Computational Methods for Fluid Dynamics
by Joel H. Ferziger, Milovan Peric
我很喜欢这本,如果不价钱贵,我早就买了,可惜,哎
发表于 2006-4-20 16:23:28 | 显示全部楼层

我在学校的图书馆倒是翻阅过Computational Methods for Fluid Dynamics
看看厚度,放弃了复印的念头。
专业书刊电子版很没劲
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则